1. Install your sod immediately after delivery.
2. Starting: Locate a straight edge, such as a walkway or driveway, or run a taut string up the middle of the area to be sodded. Work along the line to establish the first row.
3. Laying the sod: Lay the sod in brickwork fashion, smoothing the soil in advance of sod laying. Make sure the joints are butted together snugly without overlapping. If laying sod on slopes, lay the slabs perpendicular to the slope. Use sod staples to secure the sod on steep slopes if necessary.
4. Shaping: Use a sharp knife to cut and shape sod around curves, trees and borders.
5. Rolling: To smooth out any small bumps, remove air pockets and improve sod-to-soil contact, roll installed sod with a roller one-third filled with water. Avoid using a heavy roller which will compact the site.