Part Time Positions Available
Saratoga Sod Farm is a local, established, growing family business looking for a qualified individual to join our team as an in-house Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant. We seek a highly organized individual who pays attention to detail, loves accounting and keeping neat and accurate records.
Part time position for a seasonally oriented business Average 30-35 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Saratoga Sod has a strong company culture with a multi-cultural workforce. Our business is seasonal in nature with busy spring, summer, and fall months. Winter hours are more flexible. Candidate must be capable of completing work in a timely, efficient and organized manner and be comfortable working with others in a small office environment.
Individual will work closely with both Management and Operations to facilitate a smooth workflow of information from the office and the field. Duties include, but not limited to the following:
Primary Job duties:
- Maintain customer information and files
- Basic understanding of AR in relation to company operations
- Process daily invoicing
- Apply payments from customers and assure timely payment is received
- Follow up on overdue invoices
- Generate monthly statements in a timely manner
- Play a key role in keeping accurate business records that are organized and compliant.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers and vendors
- Maintaining accounts payable in an accurate and timely manner
- Monthly credit card reconciliation and entry
- Account reconciliation
- Obtaining and tracking project tax paperwork (Capital Improvements, Tax-Exempt Certificates, etc.)
- Assist Management and Project Managers as needed
- Special accounting and/or operations projects as needed
- Other office duties to streamline operations
- Experience/Expertise in QuickBooks Pro and Microsoft Office 365 with proficiency in Excel
- AP and AR experience
- Excellent customer service skills to communicate with customers and vendors and rectify any issues that arise
- Organized, task-oriented, ability to multitask and solve problems
- General understanding, experience and comfort level with computers and technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- NYS Notary preferred
- Spanish literacy a bonus
- Payroll experience for future job growth consideration
Experience and Education : An accounting degree and minimum 2 years proven work experience preferred
Pay: $18-25/hr.Apply Online
Part Time/Seasonal CDL Class A OR B Company Representatives/ Delivery Drivers
Join a local, established, growing family business as a driver/company representative. Local runs- Home evenings. Drive well maintained Western Star Tractors and auto-tarp trailers.
Hourly wage for qualified applicants starting at $23-25 / hour, benefits, signing bonus, and annual raises.
- Daily deliveries of fresh cut turfgrass sod to a variety of customers (landscapers, golf courses, sports fields, garden centers, homeowners), and our BigYellowBag products, in local delivery areas.
- Responsible for loading and unloading loads with a portable, mounted forklift
- Perform pre and post trip inspections
- Operate safely and in compliance with DOT and state regulations
- Collect funds as required
- Communicate with office staff on any issues regarding delivery, product, collection or customer
- Act and drive in a safe and professional manner at all times
- Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
- Current DOT card
- Clean Driving record
- Successfully pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing
- 21 years min. age with verifiable tractor-trailer OR Class B vehicle experience preferred
- Excellent driving, delivery and customer service skills
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Prior experience with Ipad/web/apps helpful, willing to learn a must