Current Saratoga Sod update regarding COVID-19:
Saratoga Sod Farm conducts activity that has been declared an “essential business” under Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.6 (agriculture/farms), as we grow over 1400 acres of corn, soybeans and turfgrass, in addition to our garden soil product. Therefore, it is our intent to continue to operate, while enacting and following recommended safety procedures that will be implemented and enforced beginning Monday March 23. We will continue to monitor, adjust and adapt as necessary moving forward.
As we continue to monitor and adjust to the latest developments related to COVID-19 , we want to share what we are doing here at Saratoga Sod to protect the health and safety of our team and customers, while continuing to work with and assist our customers to the best of our ability. Prevention and precaution. Arm yourself with knowledge.
Clearly, the way we do business has changed and will continue to change as necessary moving forward. Following are ways that we modified our daily operations:
- Technology and work from home practices are allowing us to continue to communicate, take orders and handle daily operations, including remote employee time tracking, scheduling, customer invoicing, etc.
- All orders must be called in at least a day in advance
- Product must be paid for via credit card at time of order, unless prior credit has been established
- Office and shop buildings are closed to all non-employees
- We have implemented and practice social distancing and all recommended health, hygiene and cleaning practices
- Our normal delivery system of loading and unloading trucks outside in fields with our own portable forklifts continues to allow for business continuity without personal interaction
- As a seasonal business just gearing up, we have delayed bringing people back
- We have separated our equipment repair technicians to separate shop locations
- Vehicles are limited to driver only, no passengers
- Delivery trucks and tractors and equipment are assigned to individuals and are cleaned thoroughly if multi users are necessary
We intend to continue to be your trusted partner, to the extent possible during this unique and challenging time. We will update and relay changes as we proceed. Stay well.
Laurie and Steve Griffen
Saratoga Sod Farm